New developer Rig
Friday : 28 Nov '08 - 10:56 | damen default two comments, already |
This time I really upgraded my PC and for the first time I have bought a complete system in stead of components and building it myself. So I went to the local discounter Aldi Sued and got myself this machine:
The Specs are ok, don't you think:
Intel® Core™2 Quad Prozessor Q8200
(2,33 GHz, 4 MB Cache, 1333 MHz FSB)
1 Terrabyte (1000 GB) Festplatte mit GreenPower™
Technologie von Western Digital. Mit viel Platz für
bis zu 200.000 Fotos/Musiktitel oder 600 Stunden
TV-Aufnahmen (Bei 4 MB Titel/Fotos bzw. 20 MB/Minute)
NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600 GT Grafikkarte
mit 512 MB GDDR3 Speicher, HDMI-Anschluss,
DirectX® 10 und HDCP Unterstützung
4 GB Arbeitsspeicher mit 667 MHz 64 Bit
Dual Channel Memory¹
ANALOG / DVB-T / DVB-S TUNER
Der MEDION® AKOYA® P7300 D
verfügt über einen 3fach-TV Tuner, der die Formate
DVB-T, DVB-S und Analog beherrscht.
Für zusätzliche Bequemlichkeit sorgt die Funkfernbedienung.²
Integriertes WLAN3 IEEE 802.11n Draft mit bis
zu 300 MBit/s, IEEE 802.11 b/g kompatibel.
Für die volle Leistung ist ein IEEE 802.11n Draft Router erforderlich, nicht im Lieferumfang enthalten, 300 Mbit/s Brutto, netto max. 75 Mbit/s.
Multinorm Dual Layer DVD/CD-Brenner 4
unterstützt alle gängigen CD/DVD Standards
eSATA & HDMI
Die High Performancelösungen für zuverlässigen Datentransfer
bei optimaler Übertragungsrate
I'll let you know when I first used it... can't wait!
Wednesday : 26 Nov '08 - 07:51 | damen default two comments, already |
This weekend we bought a new table for our living room and got it on Monday... it really makes a difference :)
Software Quality Assurance
Wednesday : 26 Nov '08 - 07:29 | damen default No comments yet |
Klingon Software Quality Assurance
The top 12 things likely to be overheard if you had Klingon programmers working for you:
- Specifications are for the weak and timid!!
- This machine is a piece of GAGH! I need dual Pentium processors if I am to do battle with this code.
- You cannot really apprecaite Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
- Indentation?! I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
- What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software escapes, leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake!
- Klingon function calls do not have "parameters" - they have "arguments"- and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
- Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
- I have challenged the entire Quality Assurance team to a Bat-Leh contest! They will not concern us again.
- A TRUE Klingon warrior does not comment his code.
- By filing this bug report you have challenged the honor of my family. Prepare to die!
- You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
- Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!
Microsoft Technical Summit
Thursday : 20 Nov '08 - 13:46 | damen default No comments yet |
I am currently on the Microsoft Technical Summit in Berlin and we have some interesting key notes and presentations on the new upcoming microsoft technologies like Visual Studio 2010 and the Azure Cloud computing platform.
Sunday : 09 Nov '08 - 16:51 | damen default Only one comment |
We've finished moving all our stuff into the new appartment and also got a lot already packed out and into their places..
Many thanks to all the people that helped us, with their help we managed to have everything in the truck before 11h00 and everything in the new appartment before 12h15. Unglaublich!!
Photos will follow soon, but as we do not have telephone or internet currently that is not so easy.
Our new home
Saturday : 01 Nov '08 - 08:29 | damen default No comments yet |
Today we will get the key for our new apartment and will start moving stuff that is breakable like plants, photos etc. We will take our camera with us and put up some images and perhaps videos for you.