Installing Vista - complete update of my rig
Saturday : 04 Aug '07 - 15:41 | damen default two comments, already
Because of the new hardware I got today I am now able to run Windows Vista in an acceptable manner.
I just installed the basic system, interesting enough I had undo some of the bios tweaks I've done over the past year which were no problem for windows XP. It looks like Vista is a little bit more naggy about this stuff, but now the system is running OK. I do not really like the fact that my experience score is 2.0 because of my video cart, I still have to work on that
Now the whole installing procedure starts, and I have to check that my hardware is running Ok because I'm running Vista in 64bit modus.
This is the software which is (gonna be) installed:
- Nvidia FX 5200 drivers for Vista x64
- Microsoft Live Messenger (and turn off the nagging messenger today popup)
- Microsoft Silverlight Alpha
- Daemon Tools (x64)
- 64-bit Firefox (Minefield)
- Driver for Genius Videocam Messenger
- avast! Antivirus Home edition - Vista x64
- Mozy client for online backup
- Putty SSH client - 64 bit
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1
- Apple Quicktime with iTunes for Vista
- Vista Codec Pack
- Driver for Epson CX3600 - Scanner
- WinSCP - Secure copy using ssh encryption
- Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 64bit
- Acrobat 7.0
- Suunto Dive Manager
- Suunto drivers for Vista x64
- Screenshot capture tool - Screenshot Captor
- WinRar (todo)
- Photoshop CS3
- Mp3Tag, very comfortable mp3 editor
Perhaps you've noticed that must on this list is also onthe list of Scott Hanselman , which is not so strange because I've used his one as a reference I just wished I had the rig he is currently working on
I'm currently fighting with my video card to get a good picture on my TV. I have a MSI FX5200 with 128Mb in my computer, but since Nvidia changed their configuration to the new Nvidia control panel I'm not able to get it working anymore.
Hans (URL) - 04 August '07 - 19:50Hehehehe,
Belangrijk he, om duidelijk te laten weten dat je in het wereldje zit!
Martijn (URL) - 04 August '07 - 22:46